Having a business idea is great but implementing it is even more awesome. However, one major part of branding your business that should not be overlooked is your LOGO! Have you seen a big brand without a logo? No? That’s because there aren’t any.
Most company logos are designed in a rush during start up, a lot of businesses just “set it up and go” and may not rebrand for a while. Now think about it, once a logo is set up, it will always be part of your company for a long time; you want to be sure its saying the right things about your business.
A logo is an identity, it says “this is who we are and this is what we do” it creates a first impression about your business. A logo is not just a symbol; it expresses the value of your company and can evoke an emotional response from potential clients.
There are basic things to consider when choosing a logo and these things, if put into consideration will help you create the perfect logo for your business. Here are 5 things to consider when choosing a logo;
- you need a great logo: starting a business is like trying to be in a relationship, you want to attract the right customers and make them fall in love with your brand. Now think of your logo as the first picture your date will see, it has to be perfect right?! Your logo should make everyone that sees it take an interest in what you do. It’s your chance to make a first good impression; you cannot afford to mess that up.
- Expressing your brand identity: your logo will communicate your brand’s style and personality. It is a way to stand out from your competitors, and carve your own niche. It shows that your brand is unique and offers something different. Once you know what your brand stands for, implement this into the logo design and let it complement the other parts of the business.
- Your audience: this is basically your target market, the ones you want to offer services to. The age range, location and gender of your potential clients also play a role in the general outlook of your logo. Think like your audience and understand what they would take interest and what would be important to them.
- Colors: colors can have a whole lot of meaning. There is a psychology behind colors which is quite complex, it bothers on the emotions colors can invoke and the ideas they emanate. Take for instance the color red, it gives off this exciting fierce feeling of passion, it’s a great choice if your brand is youthful and loud. Yellow on the other hand implies accessibility and energy while blue gives a calm feeling of trust and maturity. Whatever business you do, there is always a color or two that expresses your style perfectly.
- Communicate with your designer: during the course of choosing a logo design, different ideas will run through your head, whatever these ideas are, try your best to express them clearly to your designer. Remember your designer is an expert, so you can trust him to bring out the best for you. It may take some time and several trials, but patience is key when trying to attain perfection.